Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Stinkin' Bus Rides

So what's worse than having to sit in traffic? Sitting in traffic while standing in a crowded smelly bus. Yep, it's much worse.

After a long and crazy ride home tonight, I feel the need to share my annoyances and reliefs with public transportation.

1. The bus is never on time. 2. Rain makes that worse. 3. It's usually packed crowded... which leads to 4. some people are really smelly. 5. I don't usually get to sit down especially in the evening rushes which is only bothersome when you are standing for over an hour in heels.

Good things about the bus: 1. I pay for my bus ticket instead of gas... much cheaper. 2. I don't have to pay attention to what other cars are doing. (In fact, I think I feel safer on the bus when I'm not paying attention to what other cars are doing.) 3. If I'm late, I can blame it on the bus (which, honestly, is usually why I am late if I am). 4. I get to see chivalry and respect in the culture. For example, today, on a semi-crowded bus, a young man gave up his seat for a granny. I have seen this several other times, and I have also done it. I love the respect given to older people in this situation at least. It's refreshing from how the elderly are often disregarded in other countries **cough*America*cough**.

:)

1 comment:

kimberlea faye said...

excellent use of coughs. love you cass! :)