Monday, April 13, 2009

Short Report

So we are already half way through April. Crazy! I haven't blogged in a while. There are so many things that I need to catch up on although I'd like to save some time for Romania's stories. As for right now, I'm in Razgrad "hosting" a course on Christian Education. (I say "hosting" because I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing.) :) Mark Maddix is here from good ol NNU teaching the course. There are about 14 students taking the week long class.

It's a crazy week though. You may or may not know that the Orthodox Church follows a different calendar than the Western Church. Well, in this part of the world, even the Protestant Church follows along the Orthodox calendar. Therefore, while you all were celebrating Easter, we celebrated Palm Sunday. And while you all are eating your chocolate bunnies, we are in holy week. I am excited to be here in Razgrad for this week, for the church will have a Maundy Thursday service. They are also having a good Friday service. Unfortunately, I have to take Maddix back to Sofia on Saturday, so I'll be in Sofia on Easter. But, I am in the working plans of going to an Orthodox Easter service on Saturday night. It will be most exciting.

That's all I've got to say for now. I don't have the lack of stories, but I'm just not in the story telling mood. Sorry. I'll be better next time. But I did want to take time to let you know where I was, and in just 5 short weeks I'll be back in the Mountain Time Zone.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

At least you aren't trying to figure out how to hostinate...