Luis passed away tonight.
The air went out of me, and I had no control of the tears that rolled down my face. Based on my reaction, Melissa immediately turned back towards home. My pastor didn't have much else to say since he'd been gone less than an hour, but she wanted me to hear it from her and not through the grapevine. I thanked her, and then we hung up. Melissa and I called others who might not get called, and then we sat in the driveway for an hour with little else said.
I was so angry and devastated. He'd been so sick for so long, but until a few weeks ago when they said "cancer," I assumed he'd get better. Stomach cancer claimed another loved one of mine. Death took a third loved one this last year. God welcomed all three. That I try to remember in my grief.
Luis was 33 years old- far too young. He was a wonderful man of God and loving teacher. He had a great laugh and bright smile. He is survived by his wife and four children- ages 15, 12, 5, and 3. Luis will be cremated but services are pending on the arrival of his mother and brother who live in Honduras. Please continue to pray for Luis' family and friends.
Melissa and I eventually went to the concert simply to have a bit of denial. It was a good show. We missed the first 2 bands, but the last two were good. The last one was Weezer, and they were awesome. It was a good show... a good escape... for a few hours.
1 comment:
Cyber hug! Until the real thing can come
Post a Comment