Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yes, an earthquake

So I had it on my Facebook status that I felt the first earthquake but apparently slept through the second. I had a few inquiries about it, so I'll set the record straight.

Yes, I did experience an earthquake. In fact, it was my first.

To make the story really good at this point, I would go into the grand extreme details of how buildings were crashing and how I saved a young child from certain doom. Alas, it was not that big of a deal... the earthquake (not my heroism). :) The news reported the earthquakes were around 4.0 on the scale of earthquake measuring. The first one was last Saturday around 10 pm, and the second was on Sunday around 7:30 am (which is why I slept through it).

So that's the story. No buildings toppled and nothing even fell off the shelves. My bed shook kind of hard for the whole 2 or 3 seconds that the earthquake lasted though. :)

1 comment:

kimberlea faye said...

i've been in a few earthquakes...but the kind similar to yours where no one dies so it's ok to say that it was awesome! they're kinda fun. like a surprise life-size rollercoaster. ya...just like that.