So the next big anticipated birthday year is 30. There's a joke about that being the beginning of the end until, of course, when we turn 30, and then it moves to 40 and so on. Well, I think that my body has got a jump start and has begun to fall apart at the age of 23.
Now, some may say, Cassie, your problems began before your actual birthday. I say, "shut up," for none of this falling apart nonsense was reality until after I actually turned 23. Case #1: Three days after my birthday (back in May) I went to the dentist. I won't even tell you how many cavities they found. These (yes, shamefully plural) were my first ever cavities. I've now almost gotten over myself, but it was a sad day when it first occurred. Today, July 7th, was my first appointment to get some fixed, and then I have to go back for the others later this month. They like to different parts in different visits. Having half of my mouth completely numb was such an odd experience, and I was slightly embarrassed to go out in public. I didn't drool, but I did talk with half of my mouth. And for a while, I frequently bit my tongue as I talked.
All to say, being an "adult" kind of sucks, and yet I am looking forward to the rest of this year. I will be moving to KC in a month-ish. I don't have a place to live or a job yet, but I'm in the works. God has been more than amazing in providing for me especially this last year, so I'm trusting that God will again pull me through in whatever physical state I find myself. :)
2 comments:
So, I was thinking you should start referring to Kansas City as "Kansas Frickin' City" for a few reasons. 1) It sounds more exciting 2) Will work in excitement OR in anger 3) The acronym would be KFC and it would sound like you were going to grad school at a chicken restaurant which would be 4) awesome.
Bahahahaha. Ah Santa Claus has a sense of humor :) Cassie, I think 23 sounds old too. I'm terribly sorry.
Post a Comment