Monday, August 24, 2009

Missing Road Signs

Today was orientation day at NTS. It was a good ol' time, but I was definitely feeling overwhelmed with information and just regular anxieties of moving to a new place and starting school. Orientation included breakfast and lunch as it started at 8 am and ended a little after 2 pm. NTS seems to be overran by NNU-ers this year although there are several other colleges represented. I have high hopes for my time here although I know that greatly depends on how much I put myself out there.

Later this evening, I got an invite from some friends to have dessert at the Cheesecake Factory. I wasn't going to go for financial reasons but decided I needed to make a sacrifice in order to be social. I got directions and was on my way. As far as how I got there, let's just say that I returned home much more quickly compared to how long it took me to find the restaurant. I blame it on the fact that the first street I was supposed to turn right on was broken off. This mistake was followed by many others. I added to the situation by making u-turns in the form of going around several blocks rather than just turning around on the same street. I never got frustrated though; I was able to just laugh at myself and hope that the next street or the next turn would take me to where I needed to go. And so, I did eventually get there, and I had a good time. And now, I know the efficient way to get from the NTS-area to the Plaza. :)

I have always said that if there is a wrong turn to be made, I'll make it (at least once). But that's how I learn the roads. It also brings back memories of all of my outing adventures in Sofia. Oh man... it keeps me humble.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Aw Cass, I'm so excited for you :) Exciting times in yet another new place