Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chicken in Falling Leaves

It’s still warm and sunny, but leaves are already falling off their branches. Pilar, my dog, is here in Kansas City with me, and every time I take her outside, I hear the crunch of leaves underneath my feet. It is one of my favorite sounds, and I will not lie- I go out of my way to step on fallen crunchy leaves. Sometimes a falling leaf scares Pilar while she is sniffing out a good spot on the grass though. :)

I’ve officially started the regular semester of grad school here at NTS. I am slowly getting used to it. It was kind of scary and very much overwhelming to move out here, but I am glad that I did. The main difference that catches me off guard after so many years of school (and even my two week module class) is that each of my classes only meets once a week. I have to train my brain that I don’t go back every day. This is quite nice in that I have more time to complete assignments, but it also leaves me with some extra time to find things to do. I am still looking for a job, so hopefully, some of this extra space in life will soon be filled with work that earns me money. On a happier note, I found a roommate. This means that I will no longer be alone talking to my dog. (We all do, admit it.) And it also means that rent and utilities will be that much cheaper. Yeah.

I did go out to hand out some resumes today. I didn't have a plan and figured I would just walk into stores and see if they were hiring. Well... I drove around some stores, but then I got really nervous and chicken out. This then led me to driving around in circles around various parts of the city. I gained some locational insights, and I also had no idea where I was much of the time. Obviously, I made it back. So now, I am going to make a plan of possible places to go. I hope that having a bit of a plan when thus empower me to park my car tomorrow. :)

Nothing else extraordinary has happened lately. However, due to the extraordinary help from some amazing friends of mine, I will be going to Idaho for Thanksgiving. These wonderful few days will be filled with lots of laughter and fun, and I most excited to see all of my Idaho-ans (and those also coming to visit that are not living in Idaho). :) Ya ya!

2 comments:

wrg said...

i am so glad pilar got to make the move with you!!!

kimberlea faye said...

I can't believe so many of us will be there for Thanksgiving. SO excited!