Monday, August 16, 2010

Zzzzz...

While I do not believe that someone was trying to plant an idea into my brain while I was dreaming, I have recently experienced an Inception-like occurrence of dream within a dream. (Loved that movie, bytheway.)

It has happened once, maybe twice, before in my whole life of dreams that I actually remember the next morning.

So Friday night, I was hanging out with my friend Katie at her house. We were just eating pizza and watching ridiculously funny tv. Eventually, I went home because I had to work the next morning. At some point between Friday and Saturday, I had a dream. The details are fuzzy now, but it involved some kind of hiding/chasing theme. It wasn't scary, but I'm pretty sure when placed in reality it wouldn't make much sense. So then, I wake up from the dream (or so I thought). I vividly remember feeling like I woke up at my friend Katie's house. I could see her ceiling and then living room as I got up from the couch. I remember thinking "what?! I thought I went home last night. I guess I actually did fall asleep when I laid down on her couch." I was confused because that meant that I had dreamed about going home and then also had this other weird dream. Eventually, I walked to the window to look at my place just down the street. While the street is straight in "real life," it was curved in my dream (something I didn't notice at the time) so I had trouble actually seeing my house. But as I went to leave, I woke up... again, for real (or so I believe) ;)

It's just kind of bizarre when you wake up in a dream to only be in another dream, but you don't know you are in a dream until you actually wake up... again. You then begin to second-guess your dreams... was that a dream or a memory? Did that really happen or am I just making it up? I have crazy dreams all the time, but the dream inside a dream ones are pretty awesome crazy.

No comments: