Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead

I remember when I first saw Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. It is a 90s classic. Mom leaves her kids for the summer with a super old lady babysitter who dies shortly after the mom leaves. So, as the heroine, Christina Applegate goes and finds a job, becomes successful, and fools everyone until her mom comes home and busts the party.

Well, I think of that movie often at work. Here's why.

I had never used a fax machine before my current job. I didn't realize how much they are still used in some areas. So when the pharmacist asked me to send something for the first time, I was a little confused at what to do. All I could think of was Christina Applegate in the office jamming the machine and not sending anything through the fax. Well, it turned out to be quite simple, and I've gotten the hang of it now. But still, each time I use the fax machine I: 1) fear that I am going to jam the machine and 2) laugh at how awesome that movie is.

No comments: