Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blurry-Eyed and Hunting

I did not realize that my last post was in August. I suppose that clearly illustrates how insane last semester was. I was working about 20 hours a week at the pharmacy, taking a full load of classes, and doing an internship another 20 hours a week. I am a crazy woman. I wasn't sure I was going to make it near the end, but everything was completed on time and in relatively good shape. :)

I am certainly glad that I have a bit of a break before the next semester starts. Although I will be honest, I am quite nervous that as quickly as last semester went this semester will be even faster. Don't get me wrong, I am overly ecstatic about the fact that I will be graduating in May (with one summer class to take to "actually" graduate). But then there's the realization that I may actually be growing up or perhaps dare I even say that I have... grown up. Frightening yet exciting yet terrifying yet awesome. It's a mix of emotions, obviously.

So here I am at the beginning of 2011 wondering where the last 5 months went as well as knowing that the next 5 will be equally insane. I guess I live on the thrill. And with that thrill I am so thankful to be in Kansas City. I love it here. While it hasn't always been easy for various bumps in the road, I am grateful for where I am in life.

And so I venture into 2011 trusting God with the "after a little over 5 months" part. I have no idea what I will be doing or even where I will be. I am open to all opportunities in any location. I plan on staying State-side until I pay off my school loans though. But if you know of any church positions open ( in the areas of community development/compassionate ministries or even associate pastor) or rich people wanting to help a poor ministry-oriented female with the heavy weight of education loans... let me know. ;) Seriously though, let me know.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Cassie you make me one proud dad. We will continue to pray for you. I trust the Lord to open the right door for you. Love Dad