Thursday, April 28, 2011

Provided

I give all glory to God on this one.

I graduate in one week and three days, but I have a summer class to complete my final elective credits. The cost of the class was supposed to be around a thousand dollars, but when I got the bill in the mail, there was an unexpected scholarship bringing it to six hundred and fifty dollars. This was a large blessing because there are no loans available for the summer classes, so I was going to pay for this class directly.

Well, as a student (and especially as a graduating senior), I participated in some competitions of sorts. I submitted a paper and sermon for consideration for the Tom Nees Social Justice Award and the Corlett Senior Sermon Series. I am very excited that I did well! I co-won the social justice paper, and I was a semi-finalist for the sermon series. Both had monetary awards attached which were given today in a special celebration chapel.

I was planning to use these monetary awards to cover most of my summer class, but with the two awards, I am able to completely cover the class and buy books. Hallelujah!!!

So while it's kind of funny that NTS is giving me money simply for me to give it right back, I thank God for again providing in unexpected ways!!!

No comments: