Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One Week In

It's a week into 2009, and I find myself reflecting on this last year and wondering what the next year will bring. First reflection:

The big events of 2008... 1. I graduated from college and 2. I moved to Southeastern Europe to volunteer in Sofia Bulgaria.
Within that... 1. I had to leave all my dear friends, 2. I am no longer a dependent which means I am also no longer under my parents' insurance, 3. I'm learning (or trying to learn) a new language with a different alphabet, and 4. I've been a deported refugee. :)

It's crazy to think about where I was at the beginning of 2008 and where I find myself at the end of it. I had an idea (or rather a hope) for what 2008 would hold for me, and while I am more than content with my situation, I certainly have been surprised to see how things have progressed down this journey of life.

Now looking ahead: 1. a choir from ENC is here in Bulgaria. They'll be touring around the area until Monday when they'll head on to Romania. I am excited that they are finally here (they got in this afternoon) because of all the anticipation created by preparing for their arrival and stay. 2. My schedule will change in 2 weeks. I've been assisting at an international school Monday through Friday, but I've really been wanting to get involved in other projects. So, I'll be changing my schedule so that I will only be going 2 days a week. There are several ways I can help the Sunbergs as well as start my own projects. We'll see how time allows opportunities.

So here I go into 2009!!! I didn't really make any New Year's resolutions. I hate the feeling of disappointment when I've already failed my resolution one week into the new year, so I will simply try my best in everything... as best I can. :) One resolution though would be to pray more including simple prayers at meals. (How busy am I really to not take the time to bless my meal? I'm not.) I've kind of lost this, and I want it back in order to reach out and connect with God in ways I've forgotten and now longingly miss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

12 months can make the world of difference, huh?

I'm trying to connect with God more too, during each day.

love you,kiddo

Mom