Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fancy Chairs

So one of my favorite stores in any mall is that store with the back massagers out on display waiting for you to use them. The best stores are the ones with not only the handle kind of massagers but also the chair massagers with different setting and focuses.

Here's a leap, but it will connect.

Today, I was riding the bus from my apartment to the Sunbergs' house. Now, there are some nicer buses, and there are the less than nice buses. Usually on Bus 88s, they are the crappier ones, but there is this one nice green 88 bus that actually has heat. I got to ride this one today. Now, even on the nice buses, when the bus is stopped, there are strong vibrations that shake you while you are seated. Some bus shakiness feels like it will fall apart soon, and others just have a large motor. And so if you are in a decent seat whether on a good bus or not so good bus and the bus is a nice kind shaky, you have moments at various stoplights of relaxation. For, if you pause and perhaps even close your eyes, those few moments at the red light are like having a personal massage chair.

Other times it can be scary to ride the bus or overcrowded or smelly or whatever, but a lot of the time I enjoy public trans because I just zone out and ride. And today's ride was particularly enjoyable because I was warm and (every now and then) given a gentle back massage. :D

4 comments:

wrg said...

that's awesome! christian and i NEVER pass up the opportunity to sit in a massage chair...kohls, bed bath and beyond, wherever...we always sit down and relax!

SweetNLow said...

You are crackin' me up!!!!! I'm glad you got the nice "massage" bus today!! ;)

Danielle said...

I enjoyed this a lot. :) So excited to see you in a few months!

Paul said...

I like your optimistic attitude.