This week I bought my tickets back to America. And since I have two lovely friends teaching in Spain, I am more than excited to be making a weekend stop in Madrid on my way back home. I am leaving a week earlier than I've been planning. So I'll actually be home for my birthday. (I get into CO on May 18th.) Having my bday in America is a little disappointing since I've been living abroad, but it'll be nice to be with my fam and friends on the day I turn 23.
With the excitement of seeing friends and family, I'm also really sad about leaving Bulgaria. The things that I have done here have been quite different than I expected. However, I have loved almost all of my experiences here. (Deportation is one I could have done without. ;D) And as one who hates countdowns, I am going to try and enjoy each day that I have left.
Outside of the things that I have done here, one of the joys I have been able to partake in (because I'm no longer in school) has been reading. 1. I am actually finishing books which is something I can't completely claim to have always happened the last 4 years. :) 2. I am reading books of my choice rather than from a long list on a syllabus.
Some books have been challenging reads that deal with theology and life. I have greatly loved those. And some have just been for fun such as books by Francine Rivers. The last book I read was The Count of Monte Cristo. While I love the newer movie, the book is so much better because it is filled with so much more detail and plots. It also ends completely different that I expected. My current read is Wicked. It is different than I expected, but I am enjoying it. I have a feeling that there will be some themes there that will get me thinking.
I've read so many books these last few months, and I know this type of reading will slow as I return to the States. While I'll be in CO during the summer months to catch up with friends and family (and hopefully make some money somehow), I'll be going to NTS to get my master's in Intercultural Studies in the fall. I'll move to Kansas City early August and hopefully find a good apartment and a decent job. While I'm excited to be in a learning environment again (I like to be around smart people and absorb information from them- I know, I'm a HUGE nerd), I'm a little hesitant on the homework and such part. Oh well... :)
3 comments:
I bet you have so many experiences to share!!! What are your plans after you come back? :)
I can't believe it's almost time to go to NTS! I remember when you first were telling me about your plans, and it seemed like you would be out of school forever! Oh how the time flies. I am so proud of you my little world traveler. I can't wait to see all of your pictures when you come to visit...:) Still up for an Idaho Thanksgiving reunion?
How are you reading these books? And if it's not through a library, can you bring them when you come and give me some? I'll give them back to you later. :D
Post a Comment